Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winner, Winner Amber Dinner!

Today is a very proud day for me in my efforts to become a better brewer. I found out today that I came in first place in the "Amber Ale" flight at the Dayton DRAFT's 2011 BrewFest! I'm so excited! I also entered a Cream Ale, but unfortunately that didn't place. But to have my first contest end with at least one beer in a first place finish is so rewarding!

The interesting thing about this win is that I won on the Amber Ale, previously posted, which I considered dumping early in its life. Again, it teaches me and it should teach you that as long as a beer is not infected that you should give it time to see how it turns out.

I'll get my score sheets this weekend. I'm excited to read the critiques on both beers.

I'm already planning to enter another competition next month with two different beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment