Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Learning from Critiques

Finally got a hold of my scores from the Dayton DRAFT Brewfest '11.

I received a 32 for my flight winning Amber Ale. The highest score a 34, the lowest a 30. Both judges seemed to really like the beer. One said he would have liked a little more hop aroma, the other a little more malt aroma. You can't please everyone...hehe.

My Cream Ale, which didn't place, got a 29.6, with a 32 for the highest score and a 28 for the lowest. They all seem to like the beer, but I got dinged for little to no carbonation. I'm actually OK with that. Since the flavor was liked, that tells me I brewed the beer well. I can always fix carbonation for future contests. I actually plan to reenter this one in CMI's Zinzinnati Oktobersbest and make sure have better carbonation. I have high hopes for it!

Overall, I'm very happy with the scores and critiques I got from my first competition. I'm hooked to compete more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment