Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cascade Has Plenty of Burrs

I continue to heavily water the hops in this near 100 degree heat and they seem to love it, especially the Cascade. I noticed the other day that burrs are starting to form. Very exciting! I thought I saw some burrs last year, but I now know they were just the arms forming. None of the other plants are showing signs of burrs but I'll settle on just one variety this year as a start. Maybe those other plants will surprise me before the end of the season.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there, just stumbled upon your site from the Northern Brewer Forum. I like what I see so far and will keep up with some of your postings. Your hops look great! Mine, not so much. Oh well right, maybe next year.

    Anyways, just wanted to say nice work and that you should take a look at my new blog. Not much yet but I plan on really getting into it.

    http://inhousebrew.weebly.com/homebrewing-blog.html

    ReplyDelete