Saturday, December 31, 2011

Breweries - Captain Lawrence Brewing Co. - Pleasantville, NY


While back home in NY for the Christmas holiday I took a run up to Captain Lawrence Brewing Company which is tucked away in the small town of Pleasantville, NY. Most people would even know the brewery was ever there. But by the number of folks lined up for growlers, they sure have a true local following!

I had been there once before but forgot a camera. I wanted to make sure to get there on this trip home because it is likely the last time I get to this location. They are in the process of moving the brewery a few miles south into the town of Elmsford, NY (which will make it even easier to visit when I go home to NY). By the lines of growler patrons, there is no doubt they need a bigger place to handle retail sales and tastings.

Here are a few pictures from inside the brewery. It is one large open room in a warehouse.




They have quite a few barrels, even more than what you see here. Scott Vaccaro (Owner/Head Brewer) is a big fan of aging in barrels.

While I was at the brewery I picked up a growler of their Kolsh and a bottle of the Saison. I also was able to find at the local supermarket their 5 Year Anniversary Beer called "5 Years Later", their 2008 GABP Gold Winning "Xtra Gold American Tripel Ale", an their "Imperial IPA"


I have not opened any of them yes as we just recently got home. But if its anything like their beers I've tasted at the brewery, I'm sure they will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment